Social media is the most common way to spread news and share life events with your friends and family.
Information on the social media travel as fast than you can imagine. One of the ways to let people officially know your relationship status is by updating or changing your relationship status.
In this post, we will show you how to change your relationship status on Facebook to your real relationship status in life.
Change Your Relationship Status on Facebook
To add or edit your relationship status:
- Go to your profile and click About, then Family and Relationships in the left column.
- Click Add your relationship status or hover over your relationship and click Edit.
your relationship status from the drop-down menu. Depending on your
status, you may also have the option to add the name of the person
you’re in a relationship with and your anniversary.
- Use the audience selector to choose who you want to share this with.
- Click Save Changes.
How to add a relationship as a life event on your profile:
- Go to your Facebook profile and click About, then Life Events.
the type of relationship or event you’d like to add. You may also have
the option to add the name of the person you’re in a relationship with
and your anniversary.
- Use the audience selector to choose who you want to share this event with.
- Check the box next to Update relationship status to update your status in your profile.
- Click Save.
Note: You can only list someone in your relationship status if you’re friends with that person.
That person also needs to confirm that you’re in a
relationship together before they’re listed in your relationship status.